Development Diary #8
We’re on the cusp of the next level for the Downtime Manager app! Just a few more tasks and we’ll have enough XP to level up and go live!
Here’s what we’re up to:
- You know how when you put a sofa together and you follow all the instructions but for some reason there are always some screws left over? Well, it’s not the best analogy, but we’re going through the app now to clean up all the bugs and minor issues that our testers experienced to make sure we have a smooth User Interface when we present the final product.
- We’ve gone through all of the features we’ll have available for the initial launch phase and we’re fine tuning the specific offerings at each subscription tier. The base functionality of Downtime Manager will be free, but if you really want to get the full user experience there will be a lot more that subscribers will have access to. Stay tuned for more on these levels coming soon!
- Stay a while and listen! Thomas the mage has wandered into the app and he won’t leave! So we decided to put him to work as the official tutorial guide. He’ll greet new users and help get them started with the basics. Let’s raise our glasses and give him a hearty welcome!
We mentioned briefly in previous updates that we were working on brand new Downtime Activities (DTAs). Here are a couple specific updates for these features:
- The behind the scenes tech trees for various tasks and DTAs is complete. We’ve also created a number of land and building management systems. So stake your claim and get the plans ready for the roadside tavern of your dreams!
- In addition to the specific DTAs and templates for future homebrew content based on these, we’ve also commissioned unique graphics for them! No recycled assets for our friends.
Signing off again! Until next time, tell your gaming group to get ready. Downtime Manager is on it’s way!